Susana Costa e Silva holds a PhD in Marketing from University College Dublin (Ireland). She got her MSc. in Economics from University of Porto (Portugal). She is currently associate professor of Marketing at Universidade Católica Portuguesa (Porto), where she is the coordinator of the MSc. in Management and the coordinator of the MSc. in Marketing. She is also a researcher in the fields of international business, retailing, digital consumer behaviour, strategic and international marketing, social marketing and cause-related marketing, expatriates, trust and alliances. She is also adjunst professor at University of Saint Joseph, in Macao. Susana was visiting researcher at Wroclaw University of Economics - Poland. Susana authored and co-authored several books and books chapters in International Business, International Marketing and Cooperation, in Portugal, the UK, Brazil, China and the USA. She has also been publishing articles in scientific journals in the fields on international business, international management and international marketing. Her latest books are: Verdelho et al. (2020), The Career Case Roadmap, Universidade Católica Editora; Silva et al. (2018), Marketing Internacional, Actual Editora: Colimbra; Verdelho, V. & Silva, S, (2018), The Business Case Roadmap: from the idea to the business case, Actual Editotra: Coimbra; Teixeira, V. & Silva, V. (2019). A history of Portuguese people in Macao — History contributes, Tribuna de Macau: Macau. Susana has publications in International Business Review, International Marketing Review, Journal of Business Review, Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, International Journal of Retailing and Distribution Management, International Review of Public and Non-profit Marketing, The Journal of Marketing Channels, International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business, Journal for East European Management Studies, Journal of Corporate Citizenship, Journal of Fashion Marketing and Management, and Tourism Managementand Hospitality Management, among others. She is a member of the European International Business Academy (National Representative for Portugal 2013-2019) and she is currently member of the board of the European Marketing Academy. She has been engaged in several projects, academic and not, in the fields of marketing, retailing, consumer behaviour, international marketing, market research, internationalization process, international business, international marketing, international cooperation, social marketing, value creation, etc. She does consultancy. Further information available at: http://www.porto.ucp.pt/pt/cv-susana-silva.
Papers on peer-reviewed journals indexed at ABS/Scopus/WoS:
1. Vlačić, B., Corbo, L., Silva, S. and Dabic, M. (Forthcoming). The evolving role of artificial intelligence in marketing: advanced topics and research agenda, Journal of Business Research (Scopus: 1.871; IF: 4.874; ABS:3)
2. Boffelli, A., Fratocchi, L., Kalchschmidt, K. & Silva, S. (Forthcoming). Doing the right thing or doing things right: what is better for a successful manufacturing reshoring?, Operations Management Research (Scopus: 1.231; IF: 5.95; ABS:1)
3. Silva, S., Elo, M., Larimo, J., Vlačić, B. and Meneses, R. (Forthcoming), A state of the art review on international strategic alliances: Do we really know what we are researching?, European Journal of International Management (Scopus: 0.753; IF: 2.415; ABS: 1)
4. Silva, S., Duarte, P. Marinho. A. F. and Vlačić, B. (Forthcoming). How permeable to cause-related marketing are millennials?”, International Review on Public & Nonprofit Marketing DOI: 10.1007/s12208-021-00276-5 (Scopus: 0.264; IF: 1.110; ABS: 1)
5. Silva, S., Santos, A., Duarte, P. and Vlačić, B. (in press). The relevant role of social embarrassment, sustainability, familiarity, and perception of hygiene on secondhand Clothing experience, International Journal of Retail and Distribution Management, doi.org/10.1108/IJRDM-09-2020-0356 (Scopus: 1.871; IF: 4.874; ABS: 2)
6. Silva, S., Rocha, T., De Cicco, R., Galhone, R. and Mattos, L. (Forthcoming) Need For Touch and Haptic Imagery: An Investigation in Online Fashion Shopping, Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 102378, pp:1-11. doi.org/10.1016/j.jretconser.2020.102378 (Scopus: 1.216; IF: 4.219; ABS:2)
7. Cruz, B.P.A., Silva, S.C., Ross, S.D. (2021), The Social TV Phenomenon and Fake Online Restaurant Reviews, Tourism and Hospitality Management, 27(1): 25-42, doi.org/10.20867/thm.27.1.2 (Scopus: 0.288; IF: 0.84)
8. De Cicco, R., Silva, S. and Alparone, F. (2020). It’s on its way” the role of communication style of chatbots for online food delivery services, Journal of Foodservice Business Research, doi.org/10.1080/15378020.2020.1826268 (Scopus: 0.338; ABS: 1).
9. Miranda et al. (2020), Cause-related marketing: do managers understand and use this tool?, Management & Marketing. Challenges for the Knowledge Society,15(4): 587-604 (Scopus: 0.218)
10. Duarte, P. and Silva, S. (2020) Need-for-touch and online purchase propensity: a comparative study of Portuguese and Chinese consumers Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 55: 102-122. doi.org/10.1016/j.jretconser.2020.102122 (Scopus: 1.216; IF: 4.220; ABS: 2)
11. Saha, S., Duarte, P., Silva, S. and Zhuang, G. (2020). Supporting sustainability by promoting online purchase through enhancement of online convenience, Environment, Development and Sustainability, doi.org/10.1007/s10668-020-00915-7 (Scopus: 0.548; IF: 2.191)
12. De Cicco, R., Silva, S. and Alparone, F. Millennials’ Attitude toward Chatbots: An experimental Study in a Social Relationship Perspective (2020), International Journal of Retail and Distribution Management, 48(11): 1213-1233. DOI 10.1108/IJRDM-12-2019-0406 (Scopus: 0.767; IF: 2.321; ABS: 2)
13. Mazurek, G., Korzyński, P., Górska, A. and Silva, S. (2020). Social networking sites and researcher’s success, Journal of Computer Information Systems, DOI: 10.1080/08874417.2020.1783724 (Scopus: 0.637; IF: 1.582; ABS: 2)
14. Hajdas, M., Radomska, J. and Silva, S. (2020). The omni-channel approach: a utopia for companies? Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 102131, doi.org/10.1016/j.jretconser.2020.102131 (Scopus: 1.216, IF: 4.220, ABS: 2)
15. Silva, S., Duarte, P. and Almeida, S. (2020). How companies evaluate the ROI of Social Media Marketing Programmes: Insights from B2B and B2C, Journal of Business and Industrial Marketing, 35(12): 2097-2110, Doi: 10.1108/JBIM-06-2019-0291 (Scopus: 0.768; IF: 1.961, ABS:2)
16. Silva, S., Duarte, P. and Sundetova, A. (2020) Multichannel versus Omnichannel: A price-segmented comparison from the fashion industry International Journal of Retail and Distribution Management, 48(4): 417-430, Doi: 10.1108/IJRDM-07-2019-0232. (Scopus: 0.767; 2.321; ABS: 2).
17. Machado, J. Martins, C., Ferreira, F., Silva, S. and Duarte, P. (2020). Motivations for engagement with sports brands in Facebook and Instagram: the case of a Portuguese football club International Journal of Sports Marketing and Sponsorship, 21(2): 325-349, doi.org/10.1108/IJSMS-06-2019-0066 (Scopus: 0.419; IF: 0.848; ABS: 1).
18. Elo, M., Minto-Coy, I., Silva, S. C. and Zhang, X. (2020). Customer networks governing international marketing: How ethnic products and services diffuse across borders? European Journal of International Management, 14(4): 693-729, Doi: 10.1504/EJIM.2019.10 (Scopus: 0.556, 1.530; ABS: 1).
19. Costa, E., Lucas, A., Sousa, P., Elo, M. and Silva, S. (2020) Portuguese textile association fostering the internationalisation of small and medium-sized enterprises International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business Doi: 10.1504/IJESB.2020.10026914.(Scopus: 0.396; IF: 0.89)
20. Silva, S., Duarte, Martins, C. and P. Collaço. (2020) Environmental Concerns – Uniting generations for a global cause in turbulent times. Progress in International Business Research, 15: 417-433, doi:10.1108/S1745-886220210000015023 (Scopus: 0.107)
21. Silva, S., Duarte, P., Machado, J. Martins, C. (2020) Cause-related marketing in online environment: the role of brand-cause fit, perceived value, and trust, International Review on Public and Nonprofit Marketing, 17: 135-157, doi.org/10.1007/s12208-019-00237-z (Scopus: 0.264; IF: 1.11; ABS: 1) – Best Paper of the Year.
22. Silva, S., Gôuvea, D. and Correia, J. (2019). Vichy goes to Brazil: the road to success Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies, 9(4), DOI:10.1108/EEMCS-10-2018-0212 (Scopus: 0.17).
23. Duarte, P., Silva, S., Pisco, A. M. and Campos, J. M. (2019). Orthorexia Nervosa: Can Healthy Eating Food Trends Impact Food Companies Marketing Strategies? Journal of Food Products Marketing, 25(7): 754-770, DOI: 10.1080/10454446.2019.1671931 (Scopus: 0.322; IF: 1.35)
24. Duarte, P., Yamasaki, V., Rocha, T. and Silva, S. (2019). Evidence of a Glocal Marketing strategy: A case study in the Brazilian Telecommunication Market International Journal of Business Excellence, 19(3): 364-380, doi.org/10.1504/IJBEX.2019.102820, (Scopus: 0.274; IF: 0.8)
25. Radomska, J., Przermysław, W. and Silva, S. (2019). Managing ambidexterity using networking perspective – added value or necessity? Empirical evidence from Poland Progress in International Business Research, 14: 403-418, doi.org/10.1108/S1745-886220190000014021 (Scopus: 0.176).
26. Silva, S. C., Martinez, C. A., Petrescu, D. C., Petrescu-Mag, R. M., (2019), Two perspectives, the same target - a sustainable municipal waste management. Evidence from Latin America and Central and Eastern Europe, Quality-Access to Success, 20 (S2), 593-603. (Scopus: 0.229)
27. Radomska, J., Wołczek, P., Sołoducho-Pelc, L. and Silva, S. (2019). The Impact of Trust on the Approach to Management—A Case Study of Creative Industries, Sustainability, 11(3): 816, doi:10.3390/su11030816, (Scopus: 0.549; IF: 2.592)
28. Duarte, P. and Silva, S. (2018). The role of consumer-cause identification and attitude in the intention to purchase cause-related products International Marketing Review, 37(4): 603-620, DOI: 10.1108/IMR-04-2018-0159. (Scopus: 1.327; IF: 2.6; ABS: 3)
29. Silva, S. C., Meneses, R. and Radomska, J. (2018), A holistic perspective on the international market selection phenomenon, Journal for East European Management Studies, Vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 529-552. (Scopus 0.37; IF: 0.75; ABS:1)
30. Silva, S. C., Martins, C. and Sousa, J. M. (2018). Omnichannel: factors affecting consumer adoption, 37(4): 603-620, DOI: 10.1108/IMR-04-2018-0159.(Scopus: 1.327; IF: 2.6; ABS: 1).
31. Radomska, J. and Silva, S. (2018). The balance between formal and informal managerial practices – managing ambidexterity in creative industries, Polish Journal of Management Studies, 18(2): 259-271, DOI: 10.17512/pjms.2018.18.2.21 (Scopus: 0.302).
32. Duarte, P, Silva, S. C. and Ferreira, M. (2018) How convenient is it? Delivering online shopping convenience to enhance customer satisfaction and encourage and e-WOM Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 44: 161-169, doi.org/10.1016/j.jretconser.2018.06.007 (Scopus: 1.216; IF: 2.919; ABS: 2).
33. Wegner, D. Silva, S. C. and Rossi, G. (2018). The development dynamics of business networks: A comparison among Wines of Brasil (Brazil) and Vitrocristal (Portugal) International Journal of Emerging Markets, 18(1): 27-44, DOI: 10.1108/IJoEM-12-2016-0332 (Scopus: 0.26; IF: 1.022; ABS: 1).
34. Silva, S. C. and Elo, M. (2018) New digital layers of business relationships - Experiences from business-to-business social media Progress in International Business Research, 13: 216-241, doi.org/10.1108/S1745-886220180000013010 (Scopus: 0.176).
35. Mayer, J. and Silva, S. C. (2017). Exploring the Whole Value of Corporate Volunteering Journal of Corporate Citizenship, 67: 95-119, doi: 10.9774/T&F.4700.2017.se.00007 (ABS:1).
36. Silva, S. C. and Martins, C. (2017). The relevance of cause-related marketing to post-purchase guilt alleviation International Review on Public and Nonprofit Marketing, 14(4): 475-494, doi: 10.1007/s12208-017-0183-1 (Scopus: 0.264; ABS:1).
37. Rodrigues, T., Silva, S. C. and Duarte, P.(2017). The value of textual haptic information in online clothing shopping Journal of Fashion Marketing and Management, 21(1=: 88-102, doi.org/10.1108/JFMM-02-2016-0018. (Scopus: 0.689; ABS:1).
38. Silva, S. C. and Elo, M. (2017). How to internationalize a traditional Portuguese-style food – Liability or asset of Portugueseness? Progress in International Business Research, 12: 425-442, doi.org/10.1108/S1745-886220170000012007 (Scopus: 0.144).
39. Camargo, A., Rocha, T. and Silva, S. C. (2016). Marketing strategies in the internationalization process of Brazilian franchises Revista Brasileira de Gestão de Negócios, 18(62): 570-592, doi.org/10.7819/rbgn.v18i62.2804 (Scopus: 0.175; IF: 0.153).
40. Silva, S. (2016). Jac Motors – How a Chinese Car Manufacturer approached the Brazilian Market Progress in International Business Research, 11: 653-672, doi.org/10.1108/S1745-886220160000011031 (Scopus: 0.145).
41. Silva, S. C., Pacheco, and Meneses, R., and Brito, C. M. (2012). The importance of second-hand knowledge in the revised Uppsala Model: can European textiles producers export to China? Journal of Global Marketing, 24(3): 141-160, doi.org/10.1080/08911762.2012.741963 (Scopus: 0.274, IF: 0.272, ABS: 1).
42. Silva, S. C. Fighting Poverty Together, Book Review: Aneel Karnani, International Journal of Rural Management, 8(12): 146-149, doi.org/10.1177/0973005212462172 (Scopus: 0.18).
43. Silva, S. C. and Silva, M. F. Failure is a steppingstone for success International Review on Public and Nonprofit Marketing, 9(12): 153-179, doi 10.1007/s12208-012-0084-2 (Scopus: 0.23; ABS: 1).
44. Silva, S. C., Bradley, F. and Sousa, C. M. Empirical test of the trust-performance link in international alliances context International Business Review, 21(2): 293-306, doi:10.1016/j.ibusrev.2011.03.006 (Scopus: 1.229; IF: 1.849; ABS: 3).