The Macao Special Administrative Region has implemented the following measures starting from 1 July 2010: nationals of Bangladesh, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Vietnam are required to obtain an entry visa before arriving at the Macao Special Administrative Region. Visa-upon-arrival is no longer applicable to these nationals.
Application for Macao Visa through Chinese Embassy or Consulate, please see the following link: http://www.fsm.gov.mo/psp/eng/AfMV.html.
Students are requested to have the following documents before they travel to Macao:
- Passport with the validity of at least 6 months;
- Returned plane ticket;
- Acceptance Letter issued from our University;
- Transit VISA (for Nigerian students to apply for Transit VISA, please kindly see the following link: http://lagos.china-consulate.org/eng/lszj/zgqz/t625005.htm);
- Cash MOP5,000 (or equivalent) to prove that the student has adequate funds to cover the duration of his/her stay without working.
- All non-local students must obtain a student visa to study in the Macao SAR.
- The Macao Immigration Department normally only issues student visas to applicants enrolling in FULL-TIME study.
- Applications for a student visa require the submission of the original passport for verification plus the required documents, hence, students are recommended to apply for a student visa upon arrival in Macao.
- The duration for visa processing varies depending on your nationality. Six (6) months should be allowed for visa processing. Students can stay in Macao and study while their application is being processed.
- Students are not eligible to work in Macao with a student visa.
Visa Application Processes
- Students request the “Application for Special Authorization to Stay” form (m-11) of the Macau Immigration Department. Please go through the information at the following link http://www.fsm.gov.mo/psp/eng/SANS_Issue.html.
- Students complete the information in the form and submit it to the Immigration Department with the attached required documents for ensuring the submitted documents are sufficient:
- 1 copy of the valid travel document of the applicant/ the applicant’s valid “Two-way Exit Permit” and “Endorsement to Enter Macao” (bio data page and used pages, and the original document required for verification).
- 4 recent photos (1.5 inches/40mm)
- Students request the declaration for the Immigration Department from the Academic Records (email@example.com) by filling a request form in the Main Office. The declaration certifying registration or enrolment specifying total program duration will be issued within 3 working days.
- Students submit the visa application and the required supporting documents to the Macau Immigration Department during office hours (Monday to Fridays: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm)
- Once the Macau Immigration Department has processed the visa application, they will issue a receipt. The receipt will be written in English. Students have to bring along this receipt whenever they leave and enter Macau until their student visa is granted.
Information on visa procedures can be updated any time without prior notice.
For further enquires, please contact:
Macau Immigration Department
Immigration Department Building,
Tel: (853) 2872 5488
Fax: (853) 8796 7300