Research Laboratory for Cultural Sustainability
Research Laboratory for Cultural Sustainability (RLCS) is a multidisciplinary hub for education and research on the issues related to cultural sustainability in Macau and wider Greater Bay Area. The aim is to foster research on the integral human development of Macau in the context of its connections with the East, Southeast and South Asian regions, and with the West.
The lab seeks to promote stronger nexus between culture and urban policies and contribute to culture-led regeneration in Macau.
- Nurture cross-expertise, multidimensional collaborations for understanding cultural complexity;
- Develop top-notch, innovative, impactful research projects that address current issues and fundamental questions;
- Foster productive dialogue between practitioners and academics for improving the quality of life around us for current and future generations.
- Provide home for researchers, their projects, and research students across the disciplines related to the faculty of arts and humanities
- Make visible and accessible the impacts of research relevant to the thematic remit of the centre
- Encourage the transition from research active to research intensive academic culture
- Develop and support the postgraduate research student experiences
The Lab, with its research and academic activities, aims to actively contribute to the following Sustainable Development Goals (SDG):
- SDG #4 Quality Education
- SDG #5 Gender Equality
- SDG #8 Decent Work and Economic Growth
- SDG #9 Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- SDG #10 Reduced Inequalities
- SDG #11 Sustainable Cities and Communities
- SDG #15 Life on Land
And since the collective effort often accelerates achieving the goals, we are open to collaboration and critical engagement with organizations, practitioners, and communities outside the University and welcome to establish and promote partnerships which span disciplines and diverse expertise domains.
Address: University of Saint Joseph, Estrada Marginal da Ilha Verde, 14-17, Macau SAR, China