Lifelong Learning Office (LLO) is offering a course to students who interested in learning Bitcoin, blockchain technology, and other aspects which are key to the emerging industry of decentralised finance (DeFi).
It dispels common myths surrounding Bitcoin and prepares the students to safely navigate the cryptocurrency space, including acquiring, transacting, and safely holding cryptocurrencies, it also provides an easy-to-understand introduction into the technical components that underly most cryptocurrencies, as well as covers emerging applications of blockchain technology, such as Smart Contracts, and Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs).
- Strong theoretical foundation on cryptocurrency and blockchain technology
- Solid training in the core concepts of cryptography
- Historical perspective on the past, present, and possible future of money
- Hands-on experience with receiving, holding and sending cryptocurrency
- Overview of latest developments in decentralised finance and distributed ledger applications
- Understand the History of Bitcoin and Distributed Consensus
- Define and explain basic cryptography terms
- Understand how Bitcoin addresses, keys and transactions work
- Understand how cryptocurrency mining works
- Confidently use a wallet to receive, hold and send cryptocurrency
- Use cryptocurrency to acquire digital goods such as NFTs
Instructor: Daniel Filipe Farinha
Duration: 12 Hours
Campus: Ilha Verde Campus
Date: 06 July to 22 July 2021
Time: Tue, Thu 19:00 – 21:00
Session(s): 6 sessions
Fee: MOP 1,200
Participants: Interested parties (aged 16 or above)
Delivery of Mode: Face-to face Lecture
Tuition fee special offered available for:
┃5% Discount (MOP 1,140)
- Early-bird application (applicants who could complete the course enrolment procedure within the specified time frame, the specified enrolment period will be notified accordingly in due course).
┃10% Discount (MOP 1,080)
- USJ working staff and students
- Members of AAUSJ (Alumni Association of USJ)
- Next of kin relationship (spouses, children, and parents), for current internal staff, USJ students, and members of AAUSJ
- Former LLO students
Notes: the D.S.E.D.J. 2020-2023 Continuing Education Development Subsidy Scheme is NOT available for this course.
Remarks: the above Conditions of eligibility are subject to the terms in the “Policy of Lifelong Learning Public Programmes Tuition Fee Discount” (LLO-529). The full version is available on the LLO website (click here), please be sure to read the Terms and Conditions contained in this document carefully since any use of this tuition fee discount for lifelong learning public courses constitutes your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions set out herein. In the event of any dispute concerning the matters in this document, the Lifelong Learning Office of the University of Saint Joseph reserves all rights to make the final decision.
HOW TO APPLY
A three-step flow of “Registration, Notification, Enrolment” applies.
Applicants should first register (through methods listed in the “Registration” section on our website) during the application period of a Programme. Accepted Registrants will be notified through SMS and they must complete the application process in person during the period mentioned in the SMS, with a valid copy of Macao Resident ID Card.
A certificate of completion will be issued for participants fulfilling an attendance rate of 70%.
Withdrawal applications must follow stated policies.
Remark: Programmes may be cancelled due to insufficient registration.