Application Process of the Lifelong Learning Programmes
The application process will be applied in a three-step flow of “Registration, Notification, Enrolment”. Applicants should first register during the application period of a programme for seat reservation purposes. When the registered number for relevant courses meets the launching standards, Lifelong Learning Office will share the enrolment information through the contact provided by applicants. Application details are as follows:
When conducting registration, please provide us with your full name, a valid mobile number, E-mail address and the relevant course name you tend to apply for.
Any of the following:
- Register through the LLO Programmes (Public Courses) Online Registration
- Register by calling our service hotline: +853 8592 5688
- Register by sending us an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Register in person at the University of Saint Joseph (IIha Verde Campus) – Lifelong Learning Office
- Programmes may be cancelled due to insufficient registration.
- According to the instructions from the Government Immigration Department of Macao SAR, a student visa will not be issued for non-local resident applying for Lifelong Learning Programmes. For more information, please visit the website (click here) for details. Any non-local resident (such as passport holder or non-resident worker’s identification card, so-called Blue Card holder) who interested in applying for lifelong learning programmes (public course), could only apply for courses with a valid period of stay in Macao covering the full course duration. Otherwise, the enrollment will be cancelled and no refund of all fees of the programmes would be made.
When the course meet the launching standard, Lifelong Learning Office will follow the registration list, and notify accepted registrants through e-mail or SMS about any further arrangements including programme enrollment / commencement / cancellation / postponement, etc.
- Registration will be considered invalid if the enrolment is not performed during the required period; Registrants from the backup list will be notified by SMS sequentially.
- Registrants will be placed on the waiting list once the number of course applicants reaches the maximum capacity, if any of the applicants withdraw from the relevant course during the enrollment period, Lifelong Learning Office will contact the registrants sequentially from the backup list for further enrollment arrangements.
- Registrants of Programmes confirmed to commence can request for withdrawal before any payment is made, recovery of the application fee will not be requested.
- After payment settlement, admitted applicants requesting withdrawal for personal reasons before or after the commencement of a Programme will not be refunded of any fees.
- Applicants enrolled to Programmes cancelled under the decision of the University, fully amount of the paid tuition and application fees will be refunded. In the case that the tuition fee is paid partially or fully with the DSEJ “PDAC” Subsidy, the paid amount shall be refunded into the PDAC personal account of the applicant directly.
- Programmes may be cancelled due to insufficient enrolment. In case of dispute, the Lifelong Learning Office reserves the right of final decision.
▶ Important Remarks
- Course application is usually closed 5 days prior to the commencement of the course;
- Only cash payment is accepted for amounts below MOP 500; Bank Transfer, Credit Card (VISA/MASTER CARD), UnionPay Card or Cheque payment accepted for amounts above MOP1,000, other e-payment methods are subject to the availability by the University’s Finance Office. Cash payment for amounts above MOP1,000 and in currencies other than Macau Patacas is not accepted;
- No refund or transfer of tuition or application fees allowed except when a course is cancelled;
- Your participation and application will imply your consent to all the arrangements by Lifelong Learning Office of the University of Saint Joseph;
- Applicant who needs to take leave from class or early leave should notify the Lifelong Learning Office with relevant supporting document(s), please contact Lifelong Learning Office to complete the “Leave Application Form for Lifelong Learning Programmes”, its application shall be submitted to the Office before leave is taken (download application form: Download Word file / Download PDF ;
- Personal Information submitted for course application purpose;
- will be used solely by the Lifelong Learning Office and relevant authorities for the registration, enrolment, communications and preparation of Certificate(s) concerning the Programme; All information will be processed in compliance to the “Personal Data Protection Act” (Law no. 8/2005).