Mandarin for Foreigners – Basic III
Lifelong Learning Office (LLO) is offering a course for non-Mandarin Speaking Foreigners who have completed the Mandarin for Foreigners Basic II level or 45 Hours of Mandarin Learning.
Basic Mandarin for Foreigners III incorporates vocabulary, grammar patterns, reading comprehension skills, and conversational practices commonly adopted in contemporary Mandarin. Learners will learn to state perspectives and use complex and varied sentence structures to express their opinions.
- Able to express concepts in Mandarin such as giving directions, time expressions, introducing hobby and occupation, etc.
- Basic spoken Mandarin phrases and vocabularies for daily life scenarios (making phone calls, travelling, etc.)
- Understand more complicated vocabularies
- Enhance the ability to learn new Chinese characters on your own
|Instructor:||Lecturer from the USJ Faculty of Arts and Humanities|
|Duration:||30 Hours (15 Sessions)|
|Date:||28 September 2021 – 23 November 2021|
|Time:||Tue, Thu 19:00 – 21:00|
|Location:||University of Saint Joseph – Nape Campus|
|Language:||Mandarin (with English)|
|Delivery of Mode:||Face-to-face Lecture|
|Targeted Participants:||General Public (Non-Chinese Speakers) – Participants who completed Mandarin for Foreigners – Basic II or with 45 hours of previous Mandarin Learning|
💡Tuition fee special offered available for:
┃5% Discount (MOP 1,900)
- Early-bird application (applicants who could complete the course enrolment procedure within the specified time frame, the specified enrolment period will be notified accordingly in due course).
┃10% Discount (MOP 1,800)
- USJ working staff and students
- Members of AAUSJ (Alumni Association of USJ)
- Next of kin relationship (spouses, children, and parents), for current internal staff, USJ students, and members of AAUSJ
- Former LLO students
Notes: the D.S.E.D.J. 2020-2023 Continuing Education Development Subsidy Scheme is NOT available for this course.
Remarks: the above Conditions of eligibility are subject to the terms in the “Policy of Lifelong Learning Public Programmes Tuition Fee Discount” (LLO-529). The full version is available on the LLO website (click here), please be sure to read the Terms and Conditions contained in this document carefully since any use of this tuition fee discount for lifelong learning public courses constitutes your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions set out herein. In the event of any dispute concerning the matters in this document, the Lifelong Learning Office of the University of Saint Joseph reserves all rights to make the final decision.
HOW TO APPLY
A three-step flow of “Registration, Notification, Enrolment” applies.
Applicants should first register (through methods listed in the “Registration” section on our website) during the application period of a Programme. Accepted Registrants will be notified through SMS and they must complete the application process in person during the period mentioned in the SMS, with a valid copy of Macao Resident ID Card.
A certificate of completion will be issued for participants fulfilling an attendance rate of 70%.
Withdrawal applications must follow stated policies.
Remark: Programmes may be cancelled due to insufficient registration.