|2 Years (Evening)||English / Chinese||Ilha Verde Campus|
This programme focuses on major aspects of education, exploring current issues and trends in inclusive education and school management and leadership.
The Master of Education (MEd) aims to advance and consolidate scholarship in leadership, inclusive education, and curriculum development through coursework. The programme offers two specialisations: Special Needs and Inclusive Education and School Management and Leadership.
The specialisation in Special Needs and Inclusive Education is designed for teachers involved in, or interested in, serving students with learning disabilities within regular school settings. This MEd specialisation focuses on theoretical, evidence-based, methodological, and practical aspects of teaching and learning within inclusive and diverse classrooms. Professional competence is fostered to support students with special educational needs and gifted students.
The specialisation in School Management and Leadership is designed for teachers, middle or senior management school personnel, school administrators, or anyone pursuing a career in educational leadership. This specialisation aims to prepare students for all aspects of management and leadership by focusing on educational leadership, school curriculum planning and development, school evaluation, and resource management.
The programme coordinator is Rochelle Ge.
Note: This MEd programme does not lead to teacher accreditation. Students who hold a teaching qualification and complete the Special Needs and Inclusive Education specialisation modules are eligible to apply for recognition as a resource teacher.
During the two years of evening course work, Master of Education students hold full-time student status.
- Students build knowledge and expertise required to foster equity, social justice, and diversity in educational settings
- Students gain an understanding of contemporary education issues and develop critical analysis and problem-solving skills
- Students enhance their understanding of leadership and management theories and practice across education sectors
- Students design and generate meaningful educational research
- Educational consultant
- Management positions in schools
- Resource teacher
- Curriculum developer
- Hold a bachelor degree or equivalent qualifications in a related field (required)
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate independent learning ability and act autonomously in planning and completing tasks
For the programme’s government approval [in Chinese and Portuguese] click here.
Please click on any specific module below to see its description