|2 Years (Evening)||English||Ilha Verde Campus|
This programme equips students with the knowledge, attitude, and skills needed to advance social work practice.
The Master of Social Work addresses a wide range of social issues related to the social work profession, integrating international standards and local experiences. The programme offers a broad range of topics associated with social work practice and human services that draw on evidence-based research and a strong interdisciplinary focus. Students will gain knowledge of social policies, social work theories, social practice models, research, interventions, and develop skills and competencies to work in the social work field.
The programme coordinator is Michael Lai.
During the two years of evening course work, Master of Social Work students hold full-time student status.
- Students plan and conduct social research to develop and promote professional practice in social work
- Students learn to promote social justice and find solutions to solve social problems and issues
- Students explore a variety of social issues that affect individuals, families, and the community
- Students gain knowledge and skills in the areas of assessment, intervention, and evaluation of practice with individuals, families, and communities
- Social worker
- Aged services worker
- Youth worker
- Mental health case manager
- Corrective services officer
- Child protection officer
- Mental health counsellor
- Hold a bachelor degree or equivalent qualifications in a related field (required)
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate independent learning ability and act autonomously in planning and completing tasks
- Are involved or interested in working with people
For the programme’s government approval [in Chinese and Portuguese] click here.
Please click on any specific module below to see its description