|2 Years (Evening)||English||Ilha Verde Campus|
This programme is an interdisciplinary degree that connects the fields of History, Cultural History, and Heritage Studies.
The Master of History and Heritage Studies provides students with a deep and nuanced understanding of the historical-cultural configuration of Macao, the Pearl River Delta, and of aspects of East and Southeast Asia at large. Students acquire fundamental skills in historical and cultural research, as well as the management and conservation of cultural patrimony. Students have the opportunity to participate in hands-on fieldwork activities at historical sites, with a particular concentration in the History and Cultural Heritage of Macao and the Pearl River Delta region. Furthermore, students gain knowledge and skills relevant to the care of cultural patrimony, tangible and intangible, and skills in historical research.
The programme coordinator is Wah Kwan Cheng.
During the two years of evening course work, Master of History and Heritage Studies students hold full-time student status.
- Students acquire knowledge and relevant skills in historical research, and both tangible and intangible cultural patrimony
- Students learn about the history and cultural heritage of Macao and the Pearl River Delta region
- Students have the opportunity to participate in fieldwork activities at historical sites
- Conservation management
- Cultural tourism
- Archivist librarian
- Museum curator
- Have interest in understanding how the past has shaped the present
- Want to preserve cultural heritage
For the programme’s government approval [in Chinese and Portuguese] click here.
Please click on any specific module below to see its description.