|2 Years (Evening)||English||Ilha Verde Campus|
This programme trains students in psychological counselling skills from an integrative psychotherapy approach.
The Master of Counselling and Psychotherapy provides students with both the knowledge and skills to become an effective psychological counsellor. The programme presents different perspectives and orientations within the field of counselling as well as mental health assessment fundamentals. Counselling skills from a range of therapeutic areas are explored and opportunities to practice these skills are provided. The programme coordinator is Vitor Teixeira.
During the two years of evening course work, Master of Counselling and Psychotherapy students hold full-time student status.
- Students apply psychological theories and practice to promote positive wellbeing
- Students develop knowledge and experience of different therapeutic approaches
- Students explore social science research, research designs, and scientific outcomes
- Students plan and conduct research to advance knowledge, theories, and approaches in psychology and counselling
- Community agencies
- Healthcare agencies
- Social service agencies
- Hold a bachelor degree in psychology or equivalent qualifications in a related field (required)
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate independent learning ability and act autonomously in planning and completing tasks
- Are involved or interested in working with people
For the programme’s government approval [in Chinese and Portuguese] click here.
Please click on any specific module below to see its description