|2 Years (Evening)||English||Ilha Verde Campus|
This programme trains leaders in developing people and the relational environment for socially sustainable communities.
The Master of Community Development focuses on the identification, allocation, and effective use of neighbourhood resources, such as people, formal and informal social groups and leadership structures, economic and financial conditions, and on the mobilisation of these resources to bring the community to a higher level of development. This programme trains students in the major theoretical and practical approaches to the development of communities.
The programme coordinator is Jenny Lao Phillips.
During the two years of evening course work, Master of Community Development students hold full-time student status.
- Students analyse and plan for the development of infrastructure, environment, and the place of people and social groups within the communities
- Students learn to think systematically and strategically in decision-making
- Students are exposed to skills and techniques in communication, negotiation and conflict resolution
- Local government units
- Non-government organisations (NGOs)
- Social and non-profit enterprises
- International organisations
- Have an interest in social innovation and societal contribution
For the programme’s government approval [in Chinese and Portuguese] click here.
Please click on any specific module below to see its description.