An interdisciplinary degree that connects the fields of History, Cultural History, and Heritage Studies.
In this programme, students will learn about the historical-cultural configuration of Macao, the Pearl River Delta and of aspects of East and Southeast Asia at large, while acquiring fundamental skills in historical and cultural research, and the management and conservation of cultural patrimony.
2 years full-time (evening) programme
Total Number of Credits for Graduation
Ilha Verde Campus
Programme’s Government Approval (in Chinese and Portuguese only) (Click here)
September to July
Mondays to Fridays
- Modular delivery, with coursework modules taught one at a time, in sequence
- Hands-on fieldwork activities at historical sites
- Special concentration on the History and Cultural Heritage of Macao
- Special attention to the pearl River Delta region
- Inclusion of the study of Cultural heritage of East and Southeast Asia at large
- Acquisition of knowledge and skills relevant to the care of cultural patrimony, tangible and intangible
- Acquisition of knowledge and skills in historical research
- Museum area
- Cultural tourism
- Information sciences (libraries and archives)
- This programme offers multiple career possibilities, not only in the context of Macao but also internationally.
- Basis for further specialisation in conservation, management and restoration of heritage
Students must complete all the main modules and one specialisation
Please click on any specific module to see its description.