This degree provides the foundation for the scientific study of human behaviour.
The Bachelor of Psychology provides a broad understanding to the fundamental principles which shape human behaviour. The programme explores the stages of psychological development from childhood and into adulthood as well as the processes which underpin learning, perception and memory. Through an appreciation of the importance of a scientific approach to psychology, the programme will explore how learning, biology and culture intersect within the human mind.
4 years full-time (day) programme
Total Number of Credits for Graduation
Ilha Verde Campus
Programme’s Government Approval (in Chinese and Portuguese only) (Click here)
September to May
Approximately 20 hours each week
Mondays to Fridays 09:00 to 18:30
- Gives a sound understanding of neuroscience and its relationship to human behaviour
- Enables students to learn how to conduct research within psychology and to interpret and evaluate research studies
- Provides in-depth knowledge in a specific area of Psychology by studying a specialisation
In general, people used to have the following ideas of Psychology:
l Psychology is a subject of helping others with psychological problems or,
l People who study Psychology can comprehend others’ mind easily.
Nonetheless, Psychology is a scientific study of human behaviours and mental processes, i.e. it is a subject to understand ourselves and others in terms of cognitive, emotional and behavioral aspects of our daily life systematically. Of course, this is a challenge as people are complex and multifaceted, with a wide range of factors and experiences which shape our thoughts, feelings and behaviours.
If you have a keen interest in exploring and learning more about human behaviours from a scientific perspective then Psychology is a subject that will both enlighten and challenge you. Through the learning process of Psychology, it provides us a framework with which to make sense of ones’ personal experience, growth and development.
Prof. Angus Kuok
- Human Resource Management: All types of organisations need staff with ‘people skills’ to assist with the recruitment and training of staff
- Counsellor: A foundation in Psychology provides the basis for developing a career in working with people to help solve psychological problems
Students must complete all the main modules and one specialisation
Please click on any specific module to see its description.