|4 Years Full-Time (Day)||English||Ilha Verde Campus|
The Bachelor of Fashion Design was designed considering a diagnostic of requirements and critical facets within: the current socio-cultural developments derived from the convergence of east and west; the most recent technological innovations; the advent of new design materials; the new trends in aesthetics; and the paradigm shifts in the social and productive reality of this industry.
This programme will prepare students for professional excellence in fashion and business. Students will explore fashion drawing, colour theory, the complete garment-making process, including professional draping and sewing techniques; computer-aided design (CAD) and will learn to develop design ideas from concept to production as well as fashion business.
The Bachelor of Fashion Design aims to foster professionals with their own creative vision prepared to take place in the challenging fashion industry.
The programme coordinator is Filipa Martins.
- Fashion designer
- Teacher in areas related with fashion
- Fashion illustrator
- Fashion trend analyst
- Fashion consultant
- Fashion editor (specialised and dissemination press)
- Students should have a strong interest in Fashion Design and Textiles.
- A portfolio of creative work is valued for application to the programme.
- Design studios and lecture-based modules are taught by a mixture of local faculty members and eminent visiting professors (all are internationally recognised professionals, providing the opportunity to develop design skills in a global context)
- This degree leads to a career as a professional Fashion Designer multi-skilled in both manual and digital technologies
- Programme is developed in collaboration with the reendowed Fashion Design Centre in Macao – CPTTM (Macao Productivity and Technology Transfer Center)
For the programme’s government approval [in Chinese and Portuguese] click here.
Please click on any specific module to see its description.