|4 Years (Evening)||English, Chinese, Portuguese||Ilha Verde Campus|
This programme prepares students for translation and interpretation work in Macao and throughout the Portuguese-speaking world.
The Bachelor of Portuguese-Chinese Translation meets a demand for professionals in the public and private sectors who can operate in both languages. In the early stages of the programme, students develop their skills in Portuguese and fine-tune their competence in written Chinese, becoming progressively introduced to translation activities. In the advanced stages of the programme, students continue to improve their Portuguese language skills and translation performance, while learning to use state-of-the-art translation technology.
This programme is designed primarily for students from Macao who have some knowledge of Portuguese and is also open to students from further afield.
The programme coordinator is Tânia Ribeiro Marques.
During the four years of evening course work, Bachelor of Portuguese-Chinese Translation Studies students hold full-time student status.
- Students acquire comprehensive training in Portuguese-Chinese translation
- Students develop competences in Portuguese-Chinese translation at a professional level
- Students are exposed to diversified materials and modern translation technologies
- Translation and interpretation
- Diplomatic and civil service
- Media and communications
- Have familiarity with the Portuguese language
- Have an advanced knowledge of Cantonese or Mandarin
- Are strongly interested in developing translation skills
For the programme’s government approval [in Chinese and Portuguese] click here.
Please click on any specific module below to see its description.