|4 Years Full-Time (Day)||English||Seminary Campus|
This programme is open to anyone to study Christianity and Catholic theology.
The Bachelor of Christian Studies provides deep knowledge of philosophy, Christianity, and Catholic theology. Students learn biblical languages and study Holy Scripture, Catholic liturgy, spirituality, doctrine, ethics, law, and history, etc.
This programme prepares students for ordained ministry, work in pastoral ministry or chaplaincies, teaching at schools, as well as the pursuit of further studies in Philosophy, Theology, and Comparative Religion. Students who need the first canonical degree in Theology (five years) granted by the Faculty of Theology, Catholic University of Portugal, are required to enrol in the Foundation Year of Philosophy Studies before joining the Bachelor of Christian Studies programme.
The programme coordinator is Franz Gassner.
- Students study fundamental values and the search for truth in an international setting
- Students learn to read the original biblical languages (Greek, Hebrew)
- Students engage academically with the meaning of life
- Students get familiar with the main messages and relevance of Jesus Christ and his Church
- Students who have completed the Foundation Year in Philosophy prior to this programme receive the First Canonical Degree in Theology (S.T.B.)
- Ordained ministry
- Religious education
- Charity and Social Services
- Community Development and Leadership
- Have interest in studying languages and an openness to intercultural experiences
- Have interest in religion, spirituality, the meaning of life, and the quest for God
For the programme’s government approval [in Chinese and Portuguese] click here.
Please click on any specific module below to see its description.