This programme is designed to provide essential overall training in the area of Chinese-Portuguese translation.
Professionals with the ability to translate and interpret between Chinese and Portuguese are in demand in both the public and private sectors in Macao and China, as well as in the Portuguese-speaking countries. The programme is designed both for beginners in Portuguese and for those who have some basic knowledge of Portuguese. In the early stages of the four-year programme, students develop their skills in Portuguese and fine-tune their competence in written Chinese. At the same time, students are progressively introduced to translation activities. The advanced stages of the programme continue to emphasise Portuguese language skills, while further developing competence and performance in translation, addressing different registers and professional areas, and familiarising students with the use of state- of-the-art technology in translation work.
4 years full-time (evening) programme
Recommended prior knowledge
Proficiency of Cantonese at C1 level. Minimal prior knowledge of Portuguese is required.
English / Portuguese / Chinese
Total number of credits for graduation
Ilha Verde Campus
Programme’s Government Approval (in Chinese and Portuguese only) (click here)
September to May
- The programme provides an overall training in Portuguese-Chinese translation that is designed for students with minimal knowledge of Portuguese
- It is designed primarily for students from Macao, but is open to students from further afield
- It is taught by a strong team of native and bilingual speakers of Cantonese, Putonghua and Portuguese
- Learning is enhanced by the use of diversified materials, modern technologies and current methodology in foreign and second language pedagogy
- Translator/interpreter in private or public sectors
- Civil servant
- Diplomatic/international communications areas
Students must complete all the following modules
Please click on any specific module to see its description.