|4 Years Full-Time (Day)||
English supplemented with Chinese
|Ilha Verde Campus|
This programme prepares students for professional social work practice.
The Bachelor of Social Work trains students in the methodologies of social work practice, social policy, and organisational management with an emphasis on human values and ethics. Students develop knowledge and skills to promote social change by empowering and liberating people to reach their full potential and enhance their wellbeing.
The programme includes two field placements in community or social services agencies. The work placements provide students with opportunities to apply their acquired knowledge and skills while acquiring new experiences in different and dynamic work environments. Graduates enter the workforce as innovative thinkers, advocates, competent practitioners, care managers, and agents of positive social change.
The programme coordinator is Jacky Ho.
- Students gain multiple perspectives, model social work behaviour, and translate social work theory into practice
- Students build practical skills to work effectively with individuals and communities to address social issues and problems
- Students gain knowledge and skills to enable social change and improve the wellbeing of others
- Students examine and apply various social work approaches
- Students gain hands-on professional experience during field placements
- Social worker
- Aged services worker
- Youth worker
- Child protection officer
- Have strong communication skills
- Are involved or interested in working with people
- Are passionate about making our community a better place
For the programme’s government approval [in Chinese and Portuguese] click here.
Please click on any specific module below to see its description