Students from FRSP participated in the “GLORIA! The International Virtual Christmas Carol Concert (Season 2)”
USJ students from the Faculty of Religious Studies and Philosophy performed “Silent Night” in Burmese, Vietnamese and English for the “GLORIA! The International Virtual Christmas Carol Concert (Season 2)”.
The University of Saint Joseph (USJ) was invited to participate in the “GLORIA! An International Virtual Christmas Carol Concert (Season 2)” organised by the University of The Immaculate Conception in the Philippines, on the 22nd December 2021.
The Christmas season reminds people of happy and good memories with family, relatives, and friends that have impacted their lives. This Christmas Carol Concert showcases the talent of the different Chorale Groups and brings joy and peace to all viewers. The theme of the concert this year is “Share the good tidings of Joy, Celebrate all the blessings”. It features the performance of the Chorale and Music Group of the following participating universities (in alphabetical order):
- Atma Jaya Catholic University of Indonesia (Indonesia)
- Lourdes College (Philippines)
- St. Mary’s Academy of Dalaguete (Philippines)
- Singapore University of Social Sciences (Singapore)
- Universitas Katolik Santo Thomas (Indonesia)
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (Malaysia)
- University of the Immaculate Conception (Philippines)
- University of Saint Joseph (Macao S.A.R., China)
- Widya Mandala Catholic University (Indonesia)
The concert was streamed LIVE for students, professors, staff, friends and families all around the world to pre-celebrate Christmas with the wonderful songs. The concert can be replayed on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7pCp-gMdDY.
USJ students from Faculty of Religious Studies and Philosophy performed “Silent Night” in Burmese, Vietnamese and English, which starts at 21:37 of the video, you may also take a glance at the beautiful Saint Joseph Seminary Chapel too: