|1 Year (Evening)||English / Chinese / Portuguese||Ilha Verde Campus|
This programme provides a professional qualification for teaching in kindergarten, primary or secondary schools in Macao.
The Post-Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) explores different educational theories, concepts and perspectives within the field of teaching, curriculum development and evaluation, educational psychology, and communication technology. The programme is designed to provide opportunities to critically examine significant issues in education and improve pedagogical practice. The PGDE is available as further study in education and professional development to help pre-service or in-service teachers develop their critical knowledge and understanding of pedagogical practices.
The programme coordinator is Isabel Tchiang.
During the one year of evening course work, Post-Graduate Diploma in Education students hold full-time student status.
- Students develop or improve their professional practice and competencies
- Students gain specific skills in classroom management, pedagogy, inclusive practices, mentoring, and in ICT
- Students benefit from hands-on learning and practical experience in real classroom settings
- Students develop a wide range of skills and knowledge needed to practice in diverse classroom settings
- Kindergarten, Primary or Secondary teacher
- Curriculum developer
- Instructional designer
- Educational consultant
- Hold bachelor degree directly relevant to a subject offered in secondary schools (required for the specialisation in secondary education)
- Have strong communication skills
- Are involved or interested in working with school students
- Are committed to supporting and facilitating learning of students
- Possess personal characteristics relevant to teaching
The PGDE programme has three specialisations: Early Childhood Education, Primary Education, Secondary Education, and is offered in three languages: English, Chinese, and Portuguese. The PGDE consists of five core modules, two specialisation modules and a teaching practice (practicum) component in a local school.
LIST OF DOCUMENTS TO SUBMIT
- Curriculum Vitae
- Academic Qualifications
- Other Qualifications (Optional)
a. Qualification(s) related to language skills
b. Qualification(s) related to music, art, or sports
c. Other academic qualification(s)
- Academic Transcript (Bachelor’s degree)
- Personal Statement (500 – 800 words)
- Two Recommendation Letters
Please provide two recommendation letters of either of the following type:
– academic recommendation letter from someone who holds an academic appointment in an educational institution;
– professional recommendation letter from a supervisor or senior-level employer.
For the programme’s government approval [in Chinese and Portuguese] click here.
Please click on any specific module below to see its description.