TROPICAL CYCLONE SIGNAL NO. 8 or above/BLACK RAINSTORM WARNING SIGNAL
1. When tropical cyclone signal no.8 or above/Black Rainstorm Warning Signal is hoisted, the following arrangements will apply:
All online classes will proceed.
For face-to-face classes and examinations* not yet started:
- If it is hoisted or in force AT 6:30 AM or being hoisted BETWEEN 6:30 AM and 11:30 AM, all morning classes and examinations* commencing BEFORE 12:30 PM will be CANCELLED automatically.
- If it is hoisted or in force AT 11:30 AM or being hoisted BETWEEN 11:30 AM and 5:00 PM, all afternoon classes and examinations* commencing at any time FROM 12:30 PM AND BEFORE 06:30 PM will be CANCELLED automatically.
- If it is hoisted or in force AT or being hoisted AFTER 5:00 PM, all evening classes and examinations* commencing from 6:30 PM onwards will be CANCELLED automatically.
- All outdoor activities on that day will be cancelled.
For face-to-face classes and examinations* already started:
- All classes and outdoor activities* will be SUSPENDED immediately.
- All examinations* will be continued as scheduled until the end of those examinations* session.
2. The Academic Affairs Office will post details of classes and examination* postponement on MyUSJ to inform the students concerned of the details.
TROPICAL CYCLONE SIGNAL NO.1 or NO. 3/YELLOW OR RED RAINSTORM WARNING SIGNAL
When tropical cyclone signal no. 1 or no. 3/yellow or red rainstorm warning signal is in force, all online and face-to-face classes/examinations* will be held as scheduled.
Due to the weather conditions when a yellow or red rainstorm warning signal is in force, delays may occur and students may be given special consideration by the respective Lecturer when duly justified.
*Classes and Examinations in this document refer only to those organised through the Academic Affairs Office.