Lifelong Learning Office (LLO) is offering a course to introduce non-Chinese speakers to Mandarin (Putonghua), the official and the most commonly spoken language in China.
The class will focus on dialogues using conversational Chinese from everyday situations. Learners will be able to convey simple ideas and communicate using vocabulary, as well as to recognise some simple Chinese characters.
- Introduction to the Chinese Language
- Phonetics – Four basic tones and rules of pinyin
- Phonetics – Initials and Finals
- Students are able to capture the basic theories, knowledge, and skills of Mandarin
- Express simple concepts in Mandarin
- Instructor: Lecturer from the USJ Faculty of Arts and Humanities.
- Duration: 30 Hours
- Campus: NAPE Campus
- Dates: 02 March 2021 – 22 April 2021
- Time: Tue, Thur – 19:00 – 21:00
- Fee: MOP 2,000
- Language: Mandarin (with English)
- Participants: General Public (Non-Chinese Speakers)