The purpose of the buddy programme is to assist freshmen and students in need, especially international undergraduates and incoming exchange students with integration in the USJ student life. Buddy mentors (students) were recruited on a volunteer basis. The buddy on his side, get the opportunity to practice a foreign language, get acquainted with different cultures and get involved in the international community.
Buddy mentors (students) will be recruited on a volunteer basis. We would like to make this as a volunteer service to provide an opportunity to develop your personal skills through volunteering, such as,
an opportunity to:
- Make a difference to the lives of others
- Meet new people and making new friends
- Have a chance to socialize
- Get know the USJ community
This also helps you to
- Gain new skills, knowledge and experience
- Develop existing skills and knowledge
- Enhance your CV
- Improve your employment prospects
- Use your professional skills and knowledge to benefit others
- Gain confidence and self-esteem
If you are interested to be a buddy mentor or to request a buddy mentor, please contact us.