The Pre-University Programme prepares students for the self-propelled, interactive and collaborative style of study that forms the core value of learning at USJ and elsewhere.
The Pre-University Programme is a one-year programme that offers a range of courses that prepares students for studies at the university level. The programme emphasises the English language development of the students along with coverage spanning from humanity courses to science subjects. After completion of the programme, students will be qualified to apply to any Bachelor programmes at USJ or other universities in Macao.
*Note that this programme is not equivalent to the Form 6 or Grade 12 (High School curricula) required and recognised by the Higher Education Bureau (Direcção dos Serviços do Ensino Superior, formerly known as Direcção dos Serviços de Educação e Juventude – DSEJ).
Recommended Prior Knowledge
High School qualifications
1 year full-time (day) programme
Total Number of Credits for Graduation
Ilha Verde Campus
September to May
Approximately 18.5 hours each week
Mondays to Fridays 09:00-18:30
- Students of the Pre-U at USJ come from all corners of the world such as US, UK, Australia and South East Asia.
- Each year, around 1/3 of the students move on to other universities in Macao while 2/3 of the students advance to Bachelor programmes at USJ.
- Extra one-on-one assistance available for students having difficulties in English and other subjects.
|Faculty Teaching in the Faculty|
|Ágata Dias||Associate Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Raquel Vasconcelos||Assistant Professoremail@example.com|
|Karen Tagulao||Senior Lecturerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
- Michelle (LPY, 4th year): In the beginning I was afraid I would not adapt to USJ as I had studied in a traditional local school. However, after the orientation day and the first week of lessons, I felt USJ is full of love and communication. Teachers are all willing to help and communicate with the students. Also, the way of teaching is different from the traditional schools as teachers use different kinds of materials to deliver the message to us, which can help us 'learn the best and learn the most'. I am glad that I can be one of the students at USJ!
- Tania (LCM, 3rd year): I was a graduate in an local high school which did not provide form 6. This made me choose where to study one year earlier than other teenagers. One of my relatives introduced USJ to me as I was quite frustrated about my future. Soon I became a student here and studied Pre-University. As a very quiet person and a freshman, I experienced a great change of my student life. Pre-University was a platform to me to have myself prepared for the licentiate program and the society. There were challenges and fun throughout the whole academic year. Classmates and Professors had interactions and all of us did learn what we wanted. USJ played an encouraging role and guided us towards success.'
Students must complete all the following modules and three (3) optional modules
Please click on any specific module to see its description.