The Bachelor of Communication and Media prepares students to pursue exciting careers through acquiring the ability to explore the nature and functions of a range of communication and media platforms.
This 4-year degree programme prepares students for exciting careers in the large and rapidly expanding media and corporate communications industries in the Greater Pearl River Delta region. The curriculum includes a range of technical and theoretical modules encompassing different communication mediums and forms of expression. Students learn the fundamental software and hardware required for digital media production, and ability to apply the art of visual communication to multimedia technology. Students are also trained in a broad range of writing styles preparing them for careers in the world ‘media’: newspapers, TV programs, online broadcasts, movies and magazines.
4 years full-time (day) programme
Recommended Prior Knowledge
Completion of Secondary education; proficiency in the English language.
English / Portuguese / Chinese
Total number of credits for graduation
Programme’s Government Approval (In Chinese and Portuguese only) (Click here)
September to May
approximately 20 hours each week
Mondays to Fridays
09:00 to 18:30
Published on: 2015-08-27 14:32:03
Communication and Media at USJ focuses on how people use messages to generate meanings, places our students at the forefront of the contempo- rary information society, develops knowledge and ability to communicate. (…)
- Training in the communication and media field includes both technical and soft skills required for entry into areas covering print, broadcast and online media.
- Highlighting acquirement of different methods to plan, organize and execute the development of hypermedia content.
Communication means sharing and that is the reason why the Communication and Media students are encouraged to become familiar with creativity, entrepreneurship and innovation, from a humanistic perspective. Through a unique curriculum we stimulate our students to learn and use a wide range of information channels embedded in our society, contemplating different cultures and religions and develop a sense of curiosity by studying the interdisciplinary communication in its relationship with individuals from a technical, aesthetic and humanistic perspective.
Our programme includes a range of practical and theoretical modules with different communication techniques and work practices, such as Audio Visual Production, Public Relations, Digital Marketing, Advertising, Multimedia, Photography, Journalism, Radio Practice and Digital Audio Recording. Communication and Media students are motivated to develop ideas from scratch to completion.
Our students are prepared for exciting careers, working as creative professionals in the large and rapidly expanding media and corporate communication industries in the Greater Pearl River Delta region. This program has proven to have a profound effect on students, at the personal, professional and ethical level.
Prof. José Manuel Simões
- Film or Television working “on screen” or as writers, directors, managers in radio, television or film in the entertainment, news, documentary or other fields.
- Public Relations or Marketing working as a spokesperson, writer or manager in the public positioning and branding of organizations.
- Advertising or Multimedia working as a writer or other creative person or manager developing advertising and other multi-media materials for public and private use.
Students must complete all the following modules
Please click on any specific module to see its description.