The Bachelor of Fashion Design is unique within the higher education system of Macau and will train professionals with a Higher Education Degree, prepared to develop creative ideas and solutions that are original, innovative and attentive to the multiple challenges of a large and fast changing Industry.
The Fashion Design Program was designed considering a diagnostic of requirements and critical facets within: the current socio-cultural developments derived from the convergence of east and west; the most recent technological innovations; the advent of new design materials; the new trends in aesthetics; and the paradigm shifts in the social and productive reality of this industry.
This program will prepare students for professional excellence in fashion and business. Students will explore fashion drawing, color theory, the complete garment-making process, including professional draping and sewing techniques; computer-aided design (CAD) and will learn to develop design ideas from concept to production as well as fashion business.
The bachelor of Fashion Design aims to foster professionals with their own creative vision prepared to take place in the challenging fashion industry.
4 years full-time (day) programme
Total number of credits for graduation
Programme’s Government Approval (In Chinese and Portuguese only) (Click here)
September to May
approximately 20 hours each week
Mondays to Fridays
09:00 to 18:30
- Design studios and lecture-based modules are taught by a mixture of local faculty members and eminent visiting professors. All are internationally recognized professionals, providing the opportunity to develop architectural skills in a global context.
- This degree leads to a career as a professional Fashion Designer multi-skilled in both manual and digital technologies.
- Program is developed in collaboration with the renowned Fashion Design Center in Macau – CPTTM (Macau Productivity and Technology Transfer Center)
Macau has a long-standing tradition in the textile and fashion industry that has shifted from manufacturing to a creative design paradigm. The University of Saint Joseph is proud to introduce the Bachelor of Fashion Design as unique program within the higher education system of Macau, fostering development of this area, by training professionals with a Higher Education Degree, prepared to develop creative ideas and solutions that are original, innovative and grounded in the multicultural tradition of Macau. This program is established with the collaboration of reendowed Fashion Design Center in Macau – CPTTM (Macau Productivity and Technology Transfer Center) and integrated in the vibrant community of Designers, Architects, and Media Producer at the USJ’s Faculty of Creative Industries.
Prof. Carlos Caires
- Fashion Designer
- Teacher in areas related with fashion
- Fashion illustrator
- Fashion trend analyst
- Fashion consultant
- Fashion editor (specialize and dissemination press)
Students must complete all the following modules
Please click on any specific module to see its description.