This programme provides a basic practical training in Portuguese-Chinese translation.
Professionals with the ability to translate between Chinese and Portuguese are in demand in both the public and private sectors in Macao and China. This two-year programme is designed both for beginners in Portuguese and for those who have a basic knowledge of Portuguese. It is aimed especially at students who are already employed and who wish to develop competence in Portuguese-Chinese translation. Students develop their skills in Portuguese and fine-tune their competence in written Chinese while being introduced to translation practice. On completing the two-year programme, students have the option of undertaking a further two years of study to complete the Bachelor of Portuguese-Chinese Translation Studies.
2 years full-time (evening) programme
English, Chinese, Portuguese
Total Number of Credits for Graduation
Ilha Verde Campus
Programme’s Government Approval (in Chinese and Portuguese only) (Click here)
September to May
Approximately 20 hours each week
Mondays to Fridays 19:00 to 22:00 and Saturdays 09:00 to 12:00
- The programme provides a comprehensive basic training in Chinese-Portuguese translation for students with minimal or no initial knowledge of Portuguese
- It is designed for students who are already employed and who wish to develop competence in Chinese-Portuguese translation
- It is designed primarily for Macao residents, but is open to students from further afield
- It is taught by a strong team of native and bilingual speakers of Cantonese, Putonghua and Portuguese
- Translator in private or public sectors
- Civil servant
Study plan & description of modules
Please click on any specific module to see its description.