Lifelong Learning Office (LLO) is offering a course to introduce non-Chinese speakers to Mandarin (Putonghua), the official and the most commonly spoken language in China.
The class will focus on dialogues using conversational Chinese from everyday situations. Learners will be able to convey simple ideas and communicate using vocabulary, as well as to recognise some simple Chinese characters.
- Introduction to the Chinese Language
- Phonetics – Four basic tones and rules of pinyin
- Phonetics – Initials and Finals
- Students are able to capture the basic theories, knowledge, and skills of Mandarin
- Express simple concepts in Mandarin
- Instructor: Lecturer from the USJ Faculty of Arts and Humanities.
- Duration: 30 Hours
- Campus: NAPE Campus
- Dates: 02 March 2021 – 22 April 2021
- Time: Tue, Thur – 19:00 – 21:00
- Fee: MOP 2,000
- Language: Mandarin (with English)
- Participants: General Public (Non-Chinese Speakers)
HOW TO APPLY
A three-step flow of “Registration, Notification, Enrolment” applies.
Applicants should first register (through methods listed in the “Registration” section on our website) during the application period of a Programme. Accepted Registrants will be notified through SMS and they must complete the application process in person during the period mentioned in the SMS, with a valid copy of Macao Resident ID Card.
A certificate of completion will be issued for participants fulfilling an attendance rate of 70%.
Withdrawal applications must follow stated policies.
Remark: Programmes may be cancelled due to insufficient registration.