About the Student Residence
USJ is known for its international pool of students, and it offers a limited number of residences to accommodate students, especially those coming from overseas – which are International and/or Exchange students.
Students at USJ can apply for accommodation in the USJ Student Residences managed by the University Residence Office. Residences are currently available in 2 different locations; one is at the city center of Macau and another one is in Taipa. Both are easily connected to the University by public transportation. All rooms are fully but simply furnished, and equipped with air conditioner and wireless internet.
Student Residences are offered and given first priority to Year 1 International/Exchange Students. The residences are also offered to other students depending on their case/justification of request for accommodation. Cleaning service of the common areas is usually provided on a regular basis.
Duration and Application Period
On a regular case (i.e., International Students), the Student Residence is offered for one academic year (10 months) from September to June. For Exchange Students, it can be offered on a semester-based or depending on their length of stay in the university. Applications are processed at least 10 working days before the opening of each period.
- Summer period: 1 July 2016 to 31 August 2016 (2 months)
- Fall semester: 1 September 2016 to 31 December 2016(4 months)
- Spring semester: 1 January 2017 to 30 May 2017 (5 months)
- Spring semester (extended): 1 June 2017 to 30 June 2017 (1 month)
- Summer period: 1 July 2017 to 31 August 2017 (2 months)
For those who need to attend the Summer English Intensive course, application needs to be done at least 10 working days before your arrival.
Rental Fees (2016-2017) 1
|Spring Semester (extended)
|1 Single room in a sharing apartment||MOP 12,000||MOP 15,000||MOP 3,000||1 month:
|1 Sharing room in a sharing apartment (Bed space)||MOP 7,000||MOP 8,750||MOP 1,750||1 month:
The rental includes Wi-Fi. Payment for Electricity, Water and Gas is equally shared among the tenants of the Apartment. Rates are subject to change.
1 Rental Fees for 2016-2017 are for reference only. Fees for 2017-2018 are to be announced soon.
# Please note that the tenant should pay one month rental fee and another one month rental fee plus MOP1,000.00 from now on as advance deposit before the using of check-in service, otherwise, URO reserves the right to suspend the check-in/residence service accordingly.
Daily Rental Fees (2016-2017)
- 1 Bed in a sharing room (bed space) MOP 80 per day2
- 1 Single room in a sharing apartment MOP 160 per day2
2This includes Wi-Fi, Electricity, Water and Gas. Daily Rentals are only available for ten-ants/students who would stay less than 3 weeks.
# Please note that the tenant should pay at least three weeks rental fee and MOP4,000 as advance deposit before the using of check-in service, otherwise, URO reserves the right to suspend the check-in/residence service accordingly.
How to Request for Student Residence
1. Click HERE to Fill-In a Request Form
2. Send an email stating clearly the justification of your request for accommodation attached with a Scanned Copy of your Passport and USJ Acceptance Letter (for New Students) or USJ Student ID (For Current Students) to email@example.com
3. Wait for a confirmation of receipt of your request
4. Click HERE to fill in a Residence Placement Questionnaire after your request has been accepted
Important Note: Rooms are limited and requests are processed on first-come-first-served basis. If your request is accepted, the University Residence Office will communicate with you through email to schedule your check-in date. First Time Pick-up service is also provided upon request.
Provided Materials upon Check-In
- 1 Set of Keys;
- 1 Bed Sheet, 1 Blanket, 1 Pillowcase, and 1 Pillow;
- 1 Closet, 1 Study Desk and 1 Chair in each room; and
- 1 Welcome Kit
The apartments are provided with a TV, a set of sofa, a microwave oven, a refrigerator, and a washing machine. In addition, every room has an air-conditioner. Any damage or loss to the properties of the residence will be charged accordingly.
For more information or further assistance, you may contact the University Residence Office at +853 8796 4411 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
University Residence Office Contact Details
The University Residence Office is located in NAPE 1 Room A18.