Achieved a Degree in Psychology from the Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences of the University of Porto, where I also completed a Master in Psychological Intervention with Children and Adolescents and completed my doctoral studies in Psychology. My major interest research is "Children’s Time Use" which is the topic of my doctoral dissertation completed in 2010. I am a member of IATUR - International Association for Time Use Research, regularly participating in courses and scientific meetings organized by this association. Since 1996 I have been doing psychological intervention with children and adolescents, as a clinical child psychologist, in the Cooperative O Fio de Ariana in Porto, Portugal. After five years of teaching Psychology and Communication Skills at the University of Porto, I am now teaching as an Assistant Professor at the Faculty of Psychology and Education of the University of St. Joseph, Macau. I am handling modules related to childhood and clinical psychology. My other main interest is the theme of disability and inclusion, and I am a co-founder and the President of General Assembly of the “IN-Associação para a Inclusão ao Longo da Vida” (Association for Lifelong Inclusion).
Teixeira, V. & Cruz, O. (2005). Mother's education, school performance and use of time in a group of children 8 years of age. In Joaquim Bairrão (coord.). Development: Family and Education (284-308) Contexts. Port -Livpsic.
- Teixeira, V., & Cruz, O. (2005). Socioeconomic status, academic achievement and time use in eight-year-old Portuguese children. Book of Proceedings of Time-Use in Daily Life Congress: The Content and Context of Human Behaviour. Halifax: International Association of Time Use Research.
- Teixeira, V., & Cruz, O. (2006). The use of children's time - a comparative study between 1999 and 2006 Book of Proceedings of the First International Congress on Child Studies - Possible Childhoods, Real Worlds. Braga: University of Minho.
- Teixeira, V., & Cruz, O. (2006). The "Daily Use of Time" - A methodology to study the use of children's time. Book of Proceedings of the XI International Conference Psychological Evaluation: Forms and Contexts. Braga: University of Minho.
- Teixeira, V., & Cruz, O. (2006). Children's Time Use and Social Skills - a Contribution to the development of social skills programs. Book of Proceedings of the 28th Annual Conference on Time Use Research. Copenhagen: International Association of Time Use Research.
- Teixeira, V., Lima, A., & Cruz, O. (2008). Mother To Me Father For You: The Use of Time Children's Activities and Interaction with Parents. International Journal of Developmental and Educational Psychology, 1 (4), 91-100.
- Lima, A., Teixeira, V., Serôdio, RG, & Cruz, O. (2008). Scale Behavior Problems in school children. Minute book of the XIII International Conference on Psychological Assessment: Forms and Contexts. Braga: University of Minho.