This programme aims to contribute for the formation of highly qualified bilingual talents.
Portuguese-Chinese bilingual professionals are highly sought after for employment in public and private organisations in Macao, China or any of the eight countries where Portuguese is an official language. Students are expected to quickly start developing their communication skills in Portuguese, closely supported by our faculty members, including at least one Cantonese speaker and several other native speakers of Portuguese and Putonghua. It is expected that through this intensive programme students will reach a high level of proficiency in Portuguese and are able to translate simple texts by the time they graduate. Students are encouraged to spend one Semester at a university in the Portuguese-speaking word during their studies.
Recommended prior knowledge:
- Proficiency of Cantonese at C1 level and Putonghua at B1 level
*No prior knowledge of Portuguese is required
- It starts with a slow rhythm of teaching/learning that gradually accelerates through the use of different approaches to the language and the cultures related.
- Designed primarily for students from Macao but also students from other Asian countries. The support from bilingual professors will be on hand from the beginning to maximise your chance of success.
- The use of diversified materials, modern technologies and interesting activities will allow students to learn faster.
- Translator/ Interpreter
- Civil servant
- Academia (teacher, researcher…)
Students must complete all the following modules
Please click on any specific module to see its description.