This degree provides the foundation for the scientific study of human behaviour.
The Bachelor of Psychology provides a broad understanding to the fundamental principles which shape human behaviour. The program explores the stages of psychological development from childhood and into adulthood as well as the processes which underpin learning, perception and memory. Through an appreciation of the importance of a scientific approach to psychology, the program will explore how learning, biology and culture intersect within the human mind.
4 years full-time (day) programme
Total number of credits for graduation
Saint Joseph Seminary (Largo de Santo Agostinho)
Programme’s Government Approval (In Chinese and Portuguese only)
Classes take place from September to May each academic year. Summer classes, internships and examinations may be scheduled in June and July. Please refer to the official academic calendar for the most updated information.
On average, students will have approximately 18.5 hours of classes each week. Classes are scheduled from Mondays to Fridays, from 09:00 to 18:15. Exceptionally, classes may be scheduled in the evenings or on Saturdays.
- Gives a sound understanding of neuroscience and its relationship to human behaviour.
- Enables students to learn how to conduct research within psychology and to interpret and evaluate the research of others.
- Provides in-depth knowledge in a specific area of Psychology by studying a specialisation.
Understanding and relating to others is an essential component of human activity and is something that we all do as part of our daily life. Therefore, to a greater or lesser extent, everyone is a student of Psychology, trying to understand the feelings and actions of others. Psychology as an academic discipline takes this innate interest in others and aims to extend and further our understanding of human behaviour within a scientific context. This is a challenge as people are complex and multifaceted, with a wide range of factors and experiences which shape our thoughts, feelings and actions.
If you have a keen interest in exploring and learning more about human behaviour from a scientific perspective then Psychology is a subject that will both enlighten and challenge you. Psychology is also unique, as we are studying ourselves. So, by learning about human behavior, Psychology provides us with a framework with which to make sense of ourselves and our experiences, a vital element to personal growth and development.
Prof. Andrew Found
• Human Resource Management – All types of organisations need staff with ‘people skills’ to assist with the recruitment and training of staff.
• Counsellor – A foundation in Psychology provides the basis for developing a career in working with people to help solve psychological problems.
Students must complete all the main modules and one specialisation
Please click on any specific module to see its description.